Dark chocolate fondant with roasted coffee emulsion
INGREDIENTS for 6 dark chocolate fondants.
- 3 eggs
- 85g Natsuc sugar
- 150g chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 80g butter
- 35g flour
- ½ l milk
- 90g Natsuc sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 50g coffee granules
- 125g liquid cream
Preparing the fondants
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a bain-marie.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until the mixture turns white, then incorporate the sifted flour.
- Combine the two mixtures together using a spatula.
- Pour the batter into your 6.5cm diameter circles that have been lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 7 to 8 min at 220°C.
- Remove the chocolate fondants from the oven and leave them to cool for 2 min before taking them out of the tins.
For the coffee cream emulsion
- Crush up your coffee beans in a saucepan using a rolling pin.
- Heat them and add the milk to infuse for 5 min.
- Blanch the yolks with the Natsuc sugar and strain the coffee milk over the mixture.
- Cook the mixture, continually stirring.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
- Whip up the liquid cream and gently add it to the cold coffee cream until you obtain a creamy mousse.
- Place a drizzle of cold cream around the hot fondant.