Hot soufflé with roasted pineapple and rosemary, warm Suzette sauce with vanilla – light version
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 1/2 LARGE “airplane” pineapple
- 150g egg whites
- 30g Natsuc sugar
- 5g rosemary
- 1 vanilla pod
- 3 oranges with juice
- A little rosemary
- 15g Natsuc sugar (to taste)
Preparing the pineapple
- Cut off the two ends of the pineapple, then use a thin knife to peel it, taking care to remove the “eyes”.
- Dice it into 1 cm by 1 cm cubes and keep the heart.
- Place the cubes in a heavy-bottomed pan, cover it and cook for 5 min, then remove the lid and continue cooking until all the juice has evaporated.
- Add the finely chopped rosemary, then sweat and caramelize the pineapple, stirring all the time.
- Remove from the heat, cover the pan and leave to cool.
Set the preparation to one side
- Squeeze your oranges, split the vanilla pod into two vertically, remove the seeds and place into a saucepan.
- Put the heart of the pineapple into a juicer and add the juice to the orange juice. You can even add a little sprig of rosemary to the juice.
- Add the sugar and bring to the boil, reduce by 2/3, and serve warm
Assembling and baking the soufflé
Hot soufflé with roasted pineapple and rosemary,
Warm Suzette sauce with vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Add a pinch of salt and beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- When this is done, add the Natsuc sugar and whisk for 2 min.
- Gently add the caramelized pineapples to the egg whites in two batches.
- Grease your soufflé tins with kitchen paper dipped in a little oil.
- Fill your soufflé tins to the top.
- Place the five tins in the oven for 12 min.
- Carefully remove from the oven.
- Serve the Suzette sauce in a gravy boat.